If the company succeeds, other luxury brands may move eyewear in-house.
Following a trend among fashion houses concerned that licensing deals have diminished the cachet of their marquee names, Kering will stop licensing out Gucci eyewear and bring the brand in-house. A recent report called the move nothing less than an “eyewear revolution.” If things go well for Kering Eyewear, other luxury brands may consider aping their move, but “only once it is clear that Kering is indeed succeeding with its independent eyewear foray.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says