If the company succeeds, other luxury brands may move eyewear in-house.
Following a trend among fashion houses concerned that licensing deals have diminished the cachet of their marquee names, Kering will stop licensing out Gucci eyewear and bring the brand in-house. A recent report called the move nothing less than an “eyewear revolution.” If things go well for Kering Eyewear, other luxury brands may consider aping their move, but “only once it is clear that Kering is indeed succeeding with its independent eyewear foray.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners