Small study in Australia shows promise.
A small but promising study by Australian researchers suggests that applying a liposomal eyelid spray appears to reduce drying of the tear film, helping make wearing contact lenses more comfortable. Published in the December issue of the AAO journal “Optometry and Vision Science,” the pilot study identifies changes in the lipid layer of the eyes' natural tear film as a factor in contact lens discomfort. Liposomal spray designed to protect the tear film proved to be of significant benefit to affected lens wearers.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'