Small study in Australia shows promise.
A small but promising study by Australian researchers suggests that applying a liposomal eyelid spray appears to reduce drying of the tear film, helping make wearing contact lenses more comfortable. Published in the December issue of the AAO journal “Optometry and Vision Science,” the pilot study identifies changes in the lipid layer of the eyes' natural tear film as a factor in contact lens discomfort. Liposomal spray designed to protect the tear film proved to be of significant benefit to affected lens wearers.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says