At this San Francisco shop, glasses take multiple consultations.
Customers do not visit San Francisco’s SomNoir Eyewear for a fast fit of whatever’s off the rack. Frame designer Sam Hilliard takes it slow, with multiple consultations and four-week process he says produces “a marriage of function and art.” A pair of one-of-a-kind SomNoir glasses cost upwards from $995, but Hilliard says, “You’re getting glasses that are right for the way you live.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear