Contact lens risks far lower than CDC reported, they say.
The Refractive Surgery Alliance has formally demanded that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention retract a November report that linked close to 1 million office visits each year to poor contact lens care. The RSA says the report creates a false understanding of the risks of contact lenses.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says