Gosling, Depp, Pitt are among the trendsetters.
Glasses are officially the newest cool fashion accessory, says a UK newspaper in a survey of that country’s eyewear industry. "There has been a clear shift in attitude towards glasses over the last 20 years,” says Jason Kirk, managing director of the 95-year-old Kirk & Kirk brand. “Whereas eyewear used to be considered a sign of weakness, it is now much more than a 'necessary evil' and both men and women will spend significant sums finding the frame, or indeed frames, that reflect their personality.” Among celebrities advancing the cause of specs-as-fashion, the article cites singer/songwriter/producer Pharrell: “The music mogul, so trendy he can turn a ridiculously oversized hat into ‘a thing’, chooses not to wear contact lenses, preferring to decorate his face with chunky, solid frames from designers like Tom Ford (himself a glasses man).
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners