$5,000 worth of designer sunglasses – and chocolates -- stolen.
In the past six months, a thief has made off with more than $5,000 worth of designer sunglasses from Leadership Square Eye Care in Oklahoma City. The latest theft, earlier this month, occurred typically at what store workers call the busiest time of the day. They say the thief always goes right to this eyeglass display case and usually tries on the sunglasses. “But instead of putting them back, he slips them right in his pocket,” according to media reports. “Workers think he has an accomplice, a lady friend, who acts as a decoy and lookout.” During his most recent visit, the thief, who is said to have a particular fondness for Ray-bans, also swiped chocolates the store had set out for Valentine’s Day customers. This time, though, he was caught on the store’s new surveillance cameras.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder