Chipmaker stakes $24 million.
Although several sources are predicting a rocky few years for GoogleGlass, there’s no shortage of investor-interest in the future of internet-connected eyewear. Vuzix Corporation said on Friday that Intel Corp invested $24.8 million in the company to speed up the launch of its entry into the field.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear