List of diagnostic benefits grows for eye tests.
Add Alzheimer’s disease to the long list of chronic conditions for which eye tests may be a diagnostic aid. A clinical trial of Sapphire II, an eye-testing system from Enanta Pharmaceuticals designed to detect Alzheimer’s in non-symptomatic patients, has been deemed a success, according to research reported last month in the “Journal of Alzheimer's Disease & Other Dementias.” Meanwhile, a study by UnitedHealthcare showed that eye care professionals are instrumental in early diagnosis of a range of conditions, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, high cholesterol and hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease and Graves disease.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'
- Eyecare Software Firm Gets $45M from Investors
- Man Loses an Eye in Cautionary Tale for Patients with Contact Lenses