New lenses claim to block “bad blue light.”
The huge Boots Opticians chain in the UK has launched a new lens to help protect eyes from potentially harmful blue-violet light emitted by electronic devices. The Boots Protect Plus Blue lens claims to block 20 percent of ‘bad blue light,’ while increasing the eye’s protection against UV light by up to 25 times. The special lens is available for a premium of a little more than $100.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says