New lenses claim to block “bad blue light.”
The huge Boots Opticians chain in the UK has launched a new lens to help protect eyes from potentially harmful blue-violet light emitted by electronic devices. The Boots Protect Plus Blue lens claims to block 20 percent of ‘bad blue light,’ while increasing the eye’s protection against UV light by up to 25 times. The special lens is available for a premium of a little more than $100.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners