New lenses claim to block “bad blue light.”
The huge Boots Opticians chain in the UK has launched a new lens to help protect eyes from potentially harmful blue-violet light emitted by electronic devices. The Boots Protect Plus Blue lens claims to block 20 percent of ‘bad blue light,’ while increasing the eye’s protection against UV light by up to 25 times. The special lens is available for a premium of a little more than $100.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder