Managing uveitis may get easier.
Modern inflammatory therapy may make it easier for the general ophthalmologist or optometrist to manage uveitis, writes a contributor to Healio. “Implants delivering low but consistent dosing of anti-inflammatories show great promise in early studies for keeping disease under better control,” says Dr. John A. Hovanesian. “Many of these have been developed for the postoperative cataract population or for patients with macular degeneration because these conditions are so common, but they certainly offer promise for uveitis patients, too.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says