Managing uveitis may get easier.
Modern inflammatory therapy may make it easier for the general ophthalmologist or optometrist to manage uveitis, writes a contributor to Healio. “Implants delivering low but consistent dosing of anti-inflammatories show great promise in early studies for keeping disease under better control,” says Dr. John A. Hovanesian. “Many of these have been developed for the postoperative cataract population or for patients with macular degeneration because these conditions are so common, but they certainly offer promise for uveitis patients, too.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners