First class is expected in 2016.
The State of Kentucky will get the first college of optometry in its 212-year history with a new University of Pikeville facility set to open with 60 students in 2016. The announcement comes after the University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Optometry was approved last month as a "Stage One Applicant" by the American Optometric Association's Accreditation Council on Optometric Education. A feasibility study has been completed and an advisory committee will help move the college forward, and a search is underway for a dean.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud