Homespun wisdom guides his work.
When he opened his office on January 19, 1950, at the age of 22, JJ Abrams was the youngest optometrist practicing in the state of Indiana. Today, at the age of 87, he is reportedly the oldest optometrist in the state. Abrams still works three afternoons a week, in the office of his ophthalmologist son. Abrams' philosophy for treating patients is simple: "I spend time with them and find out what their problem is and try to correct it."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses