Homespun wisdom guides his work.
When he opened his office on January 19, 1950, at the age of 22, JJ Abrams was the youngest optometrist practicing in the state of Indiana. Today, at the age of 87, he is reportedly the oldest optometrist in the state. Abrams still works three afternoons a week, in the office of his ophthalmologist son. Abrams' philosophy for treating patients is simple: "I spend time with them and find out what their problem is and try to correct it."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says