Doctors at first missed signs of a stroke.
A British woman is crediting her optometrist with possibly saving her life, after he detected signs of a stroke that her doctor had missed. The 71-year-old grandmother went to a doctor after experiencing headaches and seeing flashing lights. After the docs failed to find a problem, she decided to get a second opinion from an optical shop. There, she was sent for a CT scan that revealed a minor stroke that could have developed into a major attack.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear