Science turns its attention to eyewear.
A new technology for eyewear developed at the Georgia Institute of Technology allows wearers to change their transparent lenses into shaded ones, or vice versa, in seconds. According to Tech Times, “The new technology is a significant upgrade to transition lenses, which only become darker in shade when they are exposed to UV radiation or light. The new eyewear is able to switch the shade of its lenses when the wearer decides to do so.” Also on tap is a new eyeglasses hinge from an Italian designer “featuring a ‘five-vertebra design’ that attempts to mimic the human spine in its flexibility and durability.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners