Experts expect big changes in the business of eyecare.
Medscape surveys several experts in the field and reports that most expect significant changes in how the eyecare profession does business. In the past decade, the number of residency slots for ophthalmologists has dropped 11 percent, while the US population has grown 11 percent and is also aging. “Faced with a shortage of ophthalmologists, many practices are delegating their healthiest patients to the care of optometrists, leaving ophthalmologists to focus on surgery and specialty care.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says