Advances in Diagnosis and Treatment have made the difference.
A Mayo Clinic study reports that the probability of blindness due to glaucoma has decreased by nearly half since 1980. The researchers speculate that advances in diagnosis and therapy are likely causes for the decrease but caution that a significant proportion of patients still progress to blindness.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder