Lupita Nyong’o and Benedict Cumberbatch get high marks.
The design chief for Canada’s leading online eyewear retailer has been checking out this year’s awards-show red carpets and sees trends she expects to penetrate the retail market. “There’s definitely this contemporary mod sort of look for women,” says Michelle Lane of Clearly Contacts. “Maybe a throwback to the ’70s with bigger shapes and thinner rims and lots of pretty, jewel tone colors. For guys, it’s more of a 1960s throwback with a lot of black shades.” Lane cites Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o’s “cool mix of black with metallic temples” at the Golden Globes last month. And Oscar nominee Benedict Cumberbatch “had this great pair of glasses that carried the ’60s vibe,” she says.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'