Magazine catches NYT on long history of trend alerts.
The New York Times reported last week that the monocle is enjoying a recent rebirth as a fashion accessory. Ever eager to prick the hot air balloon of trend coverage by the newspaper of record, New York magazine did a little investigating and discovered that the Times has been beating this particular drum for no less than 112 years, with articles announcing the monocle’s return appearing five times since 1902.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says