Some think the look is scary, even demonic.
An Indian optometrist who has devised contact lenses “infused with nano gold particles” and studded with diamonds admits that some people think the effect is scary, even demonic. But he says it is “only a matter of time” before celebrities and other trend-setters adopt the look. “Look at Lady Gaga and her followers,” he says. “People take time to digest [new fashion], until some celebrity starts using it.” One possible obstacle: the lenses cost $15,000 a pair.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says