Sony’s version comes to the U.S. on March 10.
Google Glass may be dead – and buried beneath an avalanche of media analysis – but the smartglass lives on in Sony’s SmartEyeglass, coming to the U.S. on March 10. Already available in Germany and the U.K., the product will sell here for $840, or just slightly more than half the Glass price. Sony’s version shares some design problems with Google Glass, say some critics. Popular Science calls Sony’s smartglasses “Awkward,” noting “the heavy-framed eyeglasses make Google Glass look positively subdued.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says