Posters express outrage over new brand, Paul Walker auction.
With people around the globe expressing disgust at an auction of the sunglasses worn by actor Paul Walker at the time of his death, a new line of ultra-thin sunglasses is generating outrage for its name. The limited edition “Anorexxxy” line, so-named for their “slim” construction, is “appalling and out of line and absolutely ignorant,” says one poster. Although the glasses, which retail at $555, have been around for three years, recent coverage has prompted angry outbursts on Twitter, with critics calling the Anorexxxy name “odious” and “not witty or cute in the slightest.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud