Will Obama show solidarity, too?
Congress may not be able to do anything else, but its Democratic leadership sure knows how to ride a lighthearted photo-op for all it’s worth – and then some. Following ailing Senate minority leader Harry Reid’s appearance in sunglasses at a press conference last week, House minority leader Nancy Pelosi did the same thing another news conference to show her support for her colleague. Cute, huh? From the current Rick Perry to vintage Sarah Palin, eyeglasses play a significant role in Republican politics as well, as a New York Times piece from a few years back recalls to mind.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says