Will Obama show solidarity, too?
Congress may not be able to do anything else, but its Democratic leadership sure knows how to ride a lighthearted photo-op for all it’s worth – and then some. Following ailing Senate minority leader Harry Reid’s appearance in sunglasses at a press conference last week, House minority leader Nancy Pelosi did the same thing another news conference to show her support for her colleague. Cute, huh? From the current Rick Perry to vintage Sarah Palin, eyeglasses play a significant role in Republican politics as well, as a New York Times piece from a few years back recalls to mind.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder