73 percent don’t know smoking increases risk for macular degeneration.
Almost three-quarters of smokers (73 percent) may be unaware of the link between smoking and sight loss, according to figures released by the Royal National Institute of Blind People. The charity has released the statistics to help raise awareness of the link between smoking and sight loss, and is warning people that smoking significantly increases the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'