73 percent don’t know smoking increases risk for macular degeneration.
Almost three-quarters of smokers (73 percent) may be unaware of the link between smoking and sight loss, according to figures released by the Royal National Institute of Blind People. The charity has released the statistics to help raise awareness of the link between smoking and sight loss, and is warning people that smoking significantly increases the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners