Fashion-minded customers want their glasses to be noticed.
The word among European eyewear manufacturers this spring is “visibility,” as brands step-up efforts to provide product for the glasses-as-fashion-accessory market. “Optical frames are becoming an accessory for us even more so than sunglasses,” said Luxottica spokesman Michela Broglia at the recent Mido eyewear show in Milan. “We think that the trend of heavier frames will continue to grow year after year … We are not going in the direction of very classic and less visible frames, but instead making them super visible.” Among other trends spotted among the 1,000 exhibits at the show: mixed metals and bright colors.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear