But some customer-service traditions will never die.
After 34 years on legendary Worth Avenue in Palm Beach – Rodeo Drive before there was a Rodeo Drive — Friedrich Paulick of Friedrich’s Optik knows that impeccable service is vital in dealing with customers who are, shall we say, very particular. A German immigrant, he began his business as a custom-design operation, the first in Florida, and one of the first in the country. Technically retired, Paulick still stops by the shop every once in a while; sometimes, he even makes a pair of glasses, just to keep his hand in. Friedrich’s Optik has kept abreast of the times, offering a “See Yourself” promotion in which prospective customers can bring in a selfie and fill out a questionnaire to receive custom-design suggestions. But this is still Friedrich’s, and this is still Palm Beach: The store is more than happy to offer consultations at home.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder