But some customer-service traditions will never die.
After 34 years on legendary Worth Avenue in Palm Beach – Rodeo Drive before there was a Rodeo Drive — Friedrich Paulick of Friedrich’s Optik knows that impeccable service is vital in dealing with customers who are, shall we say, very particular. A German immigrant, he began his business as a custom-design operation, the first in Florida, and one of the first in the country. Technically retired, Paulick still stops by the shop every once in a while; sometimes, he even makes a pair of glasses, just to keep his hand in. Friedrich’s Optik has kept abreast of the times, offering a “See Yourself” promotion in which prospective customers can bring in a selfie and fill out a questionnaire to receive custom-design suggestions. But this is still Friedrich’s, and this is still Palm Beach: The store is more than happy to offer consultations at home.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says