Aframes is one of several new eyewear companies with a charitable bent.
Following the example of Warby Parker, Aframes is one of several new eyewear start-ups with a charitable bent. Based in Flint, MI, the company donates $2 from the sale of every pair of glasses to Helen Keller International, which funds a year's worth of vitamin A supplements for two children. Beyond causing night-blindness and even blindness, Vitamin A deficiency kills roughly a million people a year. Says the company’s 26-year-old president, Wes Stoody, "We want to be the best eyewear brand that's also related to a cause."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M