But gabardine, no less, is the star.
Thomas Burberry invented gabardine in 1879 as a tough, tightly woven fabric for his namesake trench coats. Burberry the fashion house has kicked off a new Gabardine line of this and that, including eyewear – frames and sunglasses featured in ads fronted by superstar model Naomi Campbell, whose press coverage suggests that she is also tough and tightly woven.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners