Wisconsin ophthalmologists have spent 20 years on the study.
Add healthy eyes to the list of benefits from regular exercise. Husband and wife duo Ronald and Barbara Klein, professors in the University of Wisconsin Department of Ophthalmology, have spent nearly 20 years conducting a research analysis of the connection between alcohol consumption, regular exercise and eyesight degradation. The research team found people who exercise regularly had a reduction in the development of visual impairment disorders over the 20-year period, Ronald Klein said. They also determined that people who drank only occasionally also had similar reduced impairment.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says