The eyewear giant is also going ahead with an Intel partnership.
The not-unexpected resurrection of Google Glass will take place under the stewardship of Luxottica, which is working with the tech giant to produce a second-generation model for the consumer market. Reports the Wall Street Journal: “(T)he updated gadget will be cheaper and have longer battery life, improved sound quality and a better display. Google is also trying to tackle the social stigma of Glass by pairing the device with more familiar types of eyewear.” Luxottica is also going ahead with a partnership with Intel, and a first product will be out between February and March next year.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear