Although still not profitable, the company keeps growing.
Following a recent $100 million round of funding, Warby Parker is reportedly now worth $1.2 billion. “Warby Parker still is not profitable, but says that its sales are growing each year,” reports Time. According to another source, “The company now has 12 retail stores across the US, each selling an average of $3,000 per square foot, which according to one estimate, makes their stores more profitable per square foot than Tiffany and Best Buy.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling
- A Common Food Could Protect Against Key Cause of Vision Loss