Net profit advanced more than 33 percent in first quarter.
Eyewear giant Luxottica got even bigger during the first quarter, with record sales in North America – up 29.4 percent—helping to push earnings nearly 34 percent higher than for the same period last year. Reports the Wall Street Journal: “The result was driven by the lowering euro-dollar exchange rate, and was also supported by the launch of the Michael Kors collection ….”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder