“I truly feel as if we are family”, says founder.
Noting that “This boss is definitely better than your boss” CNN reports that Luxottica founder and chairman Leonardo Del Vecchio will give 8,000 of his employees around $10 million in company stock to mark his upcoming 80th birthday. The company has 77,000 employees worldwide, but only Luxottica's 8,000 Italian workers will get to share in Del Vecchio’s largesse –- which works out to $1,200 in shares each.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says