“I truly feel as if we are family”, says founder.
Noting that “This boss is definitely better than your boss” CNN reports that Luxottica founder and chairman Leonardo Del Vecchio will give 8,000 of his employees around $10 million in company stock to mark his upcoming 80th birthday. The company has 77,000 employees worldwide, but only Luxottica's 8,000 Italian workers will get to share in Del Vecchio’s largesse –- which works out to $1,200 in shares each.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder