Throw in some static pages, and you have a website anyway.
An online marketing consultant writing for the Business2Community website urges small business owners to move beyond the now almost obligatory website and begin blogging. “A blog isn’t just an online diary anymore,” she says. “It is a sophisticated system to create an online presence that can attract a lot of visitors.” Engaging, regularly changing content will also attract the attention of Google and other search engines, she adds. Package the blog with a few static pages and voila, you’ve got a website. One caveat: “A blogsite will only continue to be better than a website as long as you keep adding new content. A neglected blog is no better than a static website, as the search engines won’t bother to index it and your visitors will go elsewhere.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M