More research is needed, says study.
A report in the European Journal of Ophthalmology adds another negative impact from computer use: dry eye. According to the study, signs and symptoms of dry eye significantly increased with computer usage. "Approximately one of every four computer users had positive dry eye diagnosis … compared to one of every eight control subjects,” the authors concluded. "Further larger scale studies are needed to address the dry eye effect of VDT use in the working-age population."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs