(Press Release) ABB OPTICAL GROUP will begin accepting applications for its second annual ABB Cares program on Monday, Aug. 3.
Designed to recognize outstanding community organizations across the country, eye care professionals are invited to nominate non-profits for grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Applications are due before Sept. 1.
"We encourage optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians and office staff to nominate organizations near and dear to their community," said ABBOPTICAL GROUP CEO Angel Alvarez. "The response to our inaugural ABB Cares program last year was tremendous. The optical community, as a whole, is very philanthropic and we are very proud to support them and be a part of their efforts."
Five organizations will be selected as recipients of an ABB Cares grant. ABB OPTICAL GROUP will award one Platinum grant of $5,000, two Gold grants of $2,500 each and two Silver grants of $1,000, each to organizations that have a demonstrated, positive impact on their local communities.
Organizations do not need to focus on eye health to qualify. To be considered as a grant recipient, all candidates must comply with the following:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization and provide proof of this status.
- The organization's local office must be within 30 miles of the nominating practice's primary location.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- The deadline to submit an application is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, August 31.
For more information or to submit an application visit ABBconcise.com/ABBCares.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners