(Press Release) New ground-breaking innovations in eye care and electronic mobile devices that will revolutionize the vision care industry will be presented at The Future in Focus, an event that kicks off the International Vision Expo & Conference West, the world's largest ophthalmic expo and conference.
The Future in Focus features presentations from the inventors or developers of new vision care technologies, electronic mobile devices and wireless mobile power. The enhanced program will also include a status report of nine technologies previously highlighted, a keynote address on mobile technologies in eye care, a diverse panel of experts to share insights of upcoming disruptive changes and a highly rated networking event.
Keynote and technology presentations include:
- Keynote address: "Electronic Wearable Devices and the Ophthalmic Industry" by Paul Karpecki, OD
- David Schafran, Co-Founder, Blink. New eye care delivery model that provides eye exams almost anywhere using highly accurate smartphone diagnostic instruments.
- Larry Rodriguez, CEO, High Performance Optics. New mostly colorless selective filtering technology that blocks damaging blue light while improving vision with increased contrast sensitivity with minimal impact on circadian rhythms.
- Brian Barsky, PhD, University of California, Berkeley. New programmable LCD screen technology that provides clear viewing without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Nick Tarantino, OD, Chief Clinical & Regulatory Officer, AcuFocus. A corneal inlay that provides a range of vision from near to far without blurry zones as presbyopia progresses.
- David Lowe, Director Global Sales & Business Development, Witricity. New MIT invented wireless power system that uses magnetic fields to transmit power eliminating power cords.
- Progress report of the 2014 innovations — Where Are They Today?
- Expert Panel on Disruptive Technologies with:
- Information Technology - Barry Barresi, OD, PhD, CEO OcuHub
- 3D Printing - Pia Taveras, Engineer, ClearVision
- Pharma & Implantable Devices - Bill Burns, CEO Encore
- Electronic Wearable Devices - Jay Sales, Co-Founder The Shop
- Internet Ophthalmic Sales - Kevin Hundert, Founder Made Eyewear
"The 2015 Future In Focus meeting brings fresh innovation to business leaders and eye care professionals that you won't hear anywhere else. The explosive growth in mobile devices and now mobile wireless power is a great match for eyewear. It puts devices in the perfect neighborhood," says meeting co-founder Dr. Ronald Blum.
"The Vision Council is thrilled to have The Future in Focus join us again at Vision Expo West," said Mike Daley, CEO of The Vision Council. "The Future in Focus is doing great work to grow the optical industry, and events such as these continue to engage our member organizations and Vision Expo attendees, and expand the offerings available to them while they're in Las Vegas."
The networking and conference event, hosted by Ronald D. Blum, O.D., Founder, President and Chairman of Vision Care Inventing, LLC, and Frank Giammanco, President & CEO, First Vision Media Group, Inc., is taking place at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, Tuesday, September 15th.
For more information on the Future in Focus, visit www.thefutureinfocus.com.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.