(Press Release) This month, the Optical Women’s Association (OWA) welcomes six new board members: Katherine Allen, Maureen Cavanagh, Jennifer Jackson, Janet Johnson, Valerie Manso, ABOC, FNAO and Tammy Reaves. These talented women were chosen for their career achievements and their commitment to the OWA's goals of Connecting, Inspiring and Leading women in the optical industry.
“Our new board members bring with them talent and enthusiasm for the OWA and its mission. We both welcome our new members and thank the four board members who are stepping down off the board,” said Christie Walker, immediate past president of the OWA.
“I know our new president, Heather Smith, and the board, will do an amazing job of leading this group of professional women in bringing the OWA to new heights.”
Having fulfilled their terms, the following board members are stepping down: Ann Englert, Debra Forstenzer, Liz Segre and Barbara Wagner. These women have been highly instrumental in elevating the OWA to new heights with their significant contributions, enthusiasm and achievements. During their time on the board, they have shown tremendous commitment to the OWA's goals of Connecting, Inspiring and Leading women in the optical industry.
The new executive committee consists of:
- President – Heather Smith
- Vice President – Tiara Claxton
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jean Sabre
- Immediate Past President – Christie Walker.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M