(Press Release) Coburn Technologies introduces its latest product for wholesale lens labs; the Velocity Coater.
Coburn’s new Velocity Coater is a fully automated industrial hard coating system providing the highest throughput of any system on the market while also delivering excellent yields.
The automation system includes a multi-stage pre-cleaning system as well as lens handling from the job tray, through a multi-stage lens pre-cleaning system, followed by a secondary cleaning system, coating, and cure, finally returning the lens to the job tray. All of this is accomplished without operator involvement.
According to Charlie Seidel, Director of Coburn’s Lab Works Group, “Most large labs have adopted automated systems through much of their production process, but that automation has traditionally stopped at the hard coater. Finally there’s a robust automated coater for the laboratory market.”
Wendell Slone, Manager of the Coating Group added, “For those labs not yet ready to automate, we can offer a manual version of the Velocity Coater to take advantage of the key benefits of our machine, including high throughput, yield, and overall robustness, and the lab can add the autoloader later on a retrofit basis. There is no other coater available that offers this flexibility.”
Key features of the new Velocity Coater include:
- Automated lens loading and unloading with multi-stage pre-cleaning system
- On-the-block and off-the-block processing
- 120 to 130 lenses per hour
- 5 station UV coating machine incorporating a load, wash, coat, cure and unload stations
- Thermal controlled coating station that keeps the coating viscosity consistent
- Recipe driven environment for coating process control
- LMS connectivity
- Easy access for services and diagnostics
The new Velocity Coater was showcased at this year’s Vision Expo in Las Vegas, NV. Coburn is taking orders and customer shipments will begin shortly. Information is available from Coburn at 1-800-COBURN-1 for pricing and additional details.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses