Providing the benefits of long-lasting comfort and superior breathability2 in one lens, DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses launched in the U.S. in 2013. Designed to mimic the environment of the cornea with water content of almost 100 percent at the outermost surface, the lenses maintain 100 percent of their surface lubricity, even after a full day of wear - delivering exceptional end-of-day comfort.
“When DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses launched in 2013, they changed the contact lens environment with the ability to deliver exceptional breathability and comfort simultaneously,” said Dr. Carla Mack, Director of Professional and Clinical Support for Alcon. “Now those requiring refractive correction for hyperopia can also experience these benefits.”
It has been reported that 44 percent of contact lens wearers report experiencing discomfort, which is one of the leading reasons people stop wearing contact lenses. In a European survey of contact lens wearers, more than 90 percent of participants agreed they can comfortably wear DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses all day long.
Survey results also showed that:
- More than 90 percent agreed that DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses are so comfortable they sometimes forget they had them on;
- More than 80 percent who tried DAILIES TOTAL1 preferred them to their previous contact lenses.
Recent data suggests that 16 percent of lens wearers in the U.S. will drop out every year, with half citing discomfort as reason doing so.
“Many of my patients have found relief with DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses, so I’m pleased that with the introduction of plus powers, more of my patients will now have access to this technology,” said Dr. Gina Wesley, an optometrist in Medina, MN.
DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses are recommended for daily wear in a daily disposable modality. The contact lenses are available with a power range of -0.50D to -6.00D (in 0.25 steps); -6.50D to -10.00D (in 0.50 steps) and soon will be available in plus powers from +0.50 to +6.00D (in 0.25D steps).
DAILIES TOTAL1 contact lenses are prescription medical devices. See product instructions for complete wear, care and safety information.
For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners