(Press Release) Modern Optical International in Roselle, IL, sponsored a food drive in December to support the needs of students at a local community college. The daughter of a Modern Optical employee works at the University and told her mother about Libby’s Place, an on-campus food bank at Aurora University. Libby’s Place was started in August 2015 following a homelessness initiative meeting on campus. Students, staff, and members of the community realized that homelessness and food insecurity are issues some students face every day.
To help stock the shelves of Libby’s Place, Modern Optical employees donated over 500 items ranging from cereal, noodles, and canned goods to hygiene items such as toothpaste and soap. Several employees made monetary donations. “The culture at Modern Optical is one of giving back,” said Ken Weissman, president of Modern Optical. “I am extremely proud that our employees want to support the local community in such a meaningful way.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says