(Press Release) Primary Eyecare Network, a division of ABB OPTICAL GROUP, is offering four billing and compliance seminars throughout California in January.
The half-day seminars will be led by industry expert John McGreal, OD, who will speak about 2016 billing changes and updates covering:
➤ CPT codes, including HCPS and E/M coding procedures;
➤ Medicare Place of Service and PQRS codes;
➤ the Office of Inspector General's (OlG ) Work Plan and best practices for audit lists;
➤ fee schedule updates;
➤ and common billing issues encountered since the ICD-10 transition.
Dr. McGreal will be joined by compliance expert Ann Bina, who will cover new issues as well as preventative measures to ensure eye care practices are compliant with Medicare regulations.
“The implementation of ICD-10 last year has presented optometrists, opticians and paraoptometric staff with new frustrations and billing issues," said PEN Marketing and Education Manager Mary Eastwood, OD, FAAO. "By sharing collective knowledge with peers and colleagues, many of the most common pitfalls can be avoided."
The seminars will take place from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on:
- January 16 in Glendale at the Hilton Glendale, 100 W Glenoaks Blvd.;
- January 17 in Irvine at the Hilton Irvine, 18800 MacArthur Blvd.;
- January 23 in Sacramento at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento, 1209 L St.;
- January 24 in San Ramon at the San Ramon Marriott, 2600 Bishop Drive.
Each seminar costs $190 for PEN members and $240 for non-members. Breakfast is included.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners