(Press Release) Hong Kong-based eyewear maker Okia celebrated the 10th anniversary of its patented HDA (High Definition Acetate) technology at the recently held 2016 Mido Eyewear Show.
Two frames have been created in commemoration of the anniversary: Champagne Cherry and HDA Safari. Champagne Cherry – inspired by the namesake drink that serves as a symbol of celebration – gives the appearance of champagne inside a glass, and includes little stars and a cherry within the acetate. HDA Safari features a snake pattern and wording on the frame temples marking the anniversary’s occasion, as well as sparkling 3-D crystals included in the acetate material.
HDA technology was developed by Okia to create patterns on acetate sheets and allow for a wide range of specific colors, gradients and patterns to be combined within one frame.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs