More than 400 eyecare professionals attended Bausch + Lomb’s B+Lieve Innovation Summit in Orlando, FL.
(Press Release) BRIDGEWATER, NJ – Bausch + Lomb hosted more than 400 eyecare professionals at its B+Lieve Innovation Summit, held March 4-5 in Orlando, FL, to introduce them to the company’s ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses.
The ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses are monthly replacement silicone hydrogel lenses that combine the company’s MoistureSeal technology with the 3-Zone Progressive design found in Biotrue ONEday for Presbyopia daily disposable contact lenses.
At the event, ECPs joined their peers in:
- Learning about the 3-Zone Progressive design from Bausch + Lomb scientists
- Hearing from other ECPs who have successfully incorporated Bausch + Lomb’s MoistureSeal technology and 3-Zone Progressive design in their practices
- Participating in training sessions to learn how to fit ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses in accordance with the fitting guide
The event also featured keynote speakers:
- Paul Karpecki, OD, FAAO, an eyecare professional from Koffler Vision Group in Lexington, KY
- Mile Brujic, OD, an eyecare professional from Premier Vision Group in Bowling Green, OH
- Mark Wright, OD, an eyecare professional from the Solution Center in Westerville, OH
“Continued innovation is one of the pillars of our business, and as our new technologies evolve and expand, they will continue to fuel what we offer patients today and into the future,” says Mark McKenna, senior vice president and general manager, U.S. Vision Care, Bausch + Lomb. “The feedback and insight that we’ve received from ECPs during our past B+Lieve events is invaluable and allows us to continue to develop and improve upon our latest innovations. We were thrilled to share the science behind the creation of Bausch + Lomb ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses at the B+Lieve Innovation Summit so that ECPs can continue to offer the latest in lens technology to their presbyopic patients.”
The 3-Zone Progressive design utilized in the new ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses also allows ECPs to achieve a predictable fit across all powers and from patient to patient through consistent power profile across the range of powers.1,2
Distribution of the ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses begins in March.
- Data on file. Bausch & Lomb Incorporated. Rochester, NY; 2015.
- Thirty-nine ECPs (from 10 countries) refitted 422 existing soft contact lens wearing presbyopes into PureVision®2 Presbyopia lenses. Patients returned for follow-up.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M