(Press Release) NEW YORK – To meet demand and expand the audience of Transitions Academy attendees, Transitions Optical Inc. is providing four ways for interested industry professionals to attend the 21st annual Transitions Academy, held Jan. 29 – Feb. 1, 2017 in Orlando.
“For 20 years, Transitions Academy has been a forum for us to celebrate our partners and provide them with education that can be shared with their co-workers and customers,” says José Alves, general manager, Americas. “Our vision for Transitions Academy 2017 is to grow the number of people who have access to the event by creating more ways for Transitions brand supporters to attend and participate.”
Industry professionals can earn invitations to attend Transitions Academy 2017 through four ways:
- 1. Become a Transitions Innovation Award finalist. Open to optical industry professionals and educators; national and regional retailers; optical laboratories and independent eyecare professionals and practices, the Transitions Innovation Awards categories include: 2016 Transitions Brand Ambassador (individual-only award); Best in Growth Achievement; Best in Training; Best in Marketing and Best in Patient Experience.
Nominations for all Transitions Innovation Awards will be accepted online (at TransitionsPRO.com/Awards) from Oct. 1-31. To enter, candidates must complete a nomination form and detail their 2016 efforts in the following evaluation areas: commitment and inspiration, goals, plan and creativity, and impact and results. Nominees are welcome to enter more than one category and can self-enter, or can be nominated by a lab, lens manufacturer, industry colleague or other industry organization representative.
- Attend as a guest of your lens supplier. Industry professionals should let their Transitions lens supplier know they would like to register for Transitions Academy. Many lens suppliers are providing opportunities and promotions for customers to earn their way and attend as their guest.
- Become a Transitions Change Agent. Transitions Optical is recruiting eyecare professionals who are millennials or serve many millennial patients to join its new industry group who are working together to change the conversations their peers and patients are having around Transitions lenses. Industry professionals interested in becoming a Transitions Change Agent can visit TransitionsPRO.com/ChangeAgent to apply.
- Request a spot. Transitions is reserving spaces for interested industry professionals from North America. Those interested can request to attend at transitionsacademy.com. More details regarding cost and arrangements will be provided.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says