(Press Release) NEW YORK – Transitions Optical Inc. has launched a new consumer outreach campaign that will highlight the stories and experiences told by Transitions lens wearers and speak to a younger, more fashion-focused audience.
In 2016, Transitions Optical will continue to work with a handful of familiar faces – including Emmy winning co-host and mentor for “Project Runway,” Tim Gunn – as well as nine additional influencers in the U.S. and Canada who have strong social networks in the music, technology and fashion categories. Combined they have a social footprint of more than 3 million.
“In 2015, we started to address consumer concerns about how they would look in Transitions lenses, and our influencers significantly increased positive conversations about the brand,” says Patience Cook, director, North America marketing, Transitions Optical. “This year our influential Transitions lens wearers will generate even more content-rich digital experiences and credible testimonials that explain the benefits of our different products in a relatable and authentic way.”
The influential eyeglass wearers have already begun posting to their individual digital accounts or sites, helping the Transitions brand grow its social media footprint. Additionally, many of the influencers are featured in the newly launched ‘Lens Book’ – Transitions Optical’s take on the classic lookbook, which showcases a collection of photography and quotes highlighting why each trendsetter has chosen Transitions lenses to help protect their eyes.
“The new Lens Book is designed to inspire eyeglass wearers of all ages that their frame and lens choice is a way to show off their unique sense of style,” says Cook. “Plus, we believe the photography and people featured in this book will give our partners what they need to challenge younger wearers’ perceptions about photochromic lenses.”
Eyecare professionals and consumers alike can expect to hear from Transitions Optical and the high-profile eyeglass wearers such as musician Allen Stone; fashion entrepreneurs Coco & Breezy; and Tim Gunn, the co-host of “Project Runway.”
Transitions Optical will also be working with the following individuals to connect with their fans and followers:
- Coyote Degroot, owner/optician, Labrabbit Optics
- Sarah Evans, digital correspondent and blogger
- Laurence Leboeuf, Canadian TV and movie actress
- Irma Martinez, celebrity fashion stylist
- Leandra Medine, fashion blogger
- Phil Oh, fashion photographer
- Robbie Stilez, Canadian photographer
Eyecare professionals can find many videos, images and posts featuring these Transitions lens wearers at Transitions.com/BeyondtheLens.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs