(Press Release) Marc Jacobs recently won Womenswear Designer of the Year at the 2016 CFDA Awards, which took place at New York City’s Hammerstein Ballroom on June 6. He was presented with the award by Homeland actress Claire Danes.
The CFDA stands for the Council of Fashion Designers Association. The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose membership consists of more than 400 of America’s foremost womenswear, menswear, jewelry and accessory designers. CFDA membership is by invitation only. Founded in 1962, the CFDA’s current mission is to strengthen American Fashion in the Global Economy.
The annual event recognizes the contributions made to American fashion by individuals from all areas of the industry and related arts, with awards being given for design excellence in womenswear, menswear and accessories as well as extraordinary accomplishments in journalism, creative vision and lifetime achievement. Nominations for each award category are submitted by The CFDA Fashion Awards Guild, an invitation only network comprised of top fashion retailers, journalists, stylists, influencers and the 450-plus member designers of the CFDA.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says