(Press Release) Italian eyewear maker WooDone has released new sunglasses, spectacles and bowties – handmade in Italy with original and certified South Tyrolean wood – for summer 2016.
Crafted by South Tyrolean artisans, each item in the line is made up of eight layers of particleboard glued one to another, thanks to a custom-developed technology engineered to leave the natural veins of the wood intact, forming a sheet from which the front and temples are then obtained.
The Nature line expresses a more experimental design with Bling, Ulmus, Fienum, Roses and Viöl. The Nature frames are made with a natural glue which makes it possible to adhere real leaves or flowers to the frames.
Presented in 2015, the MyWoodi line is known for its clean lines and contemporary style. A streamlined production system and South Tyrolean tradition give the line an unexpected edge in terms of shapes, colors and materials.
Robin Wood – the wooden bowtie – is the most recent addition to the WooDone family. The accessory is available in four styles in Walnut and Zebrano wood, and several additional 3-D styles in Wenge, Padouk and Walnut.
For more information, visit woodone.it.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud