(Press Release) AUSTIN, TX – Dr. Ian Lane will be hosting a four-part webinar series that will walk eyecare professionals through various condition-based patient encounters that are common in most eyecare practices. Over the course of four weeks, Dr. Lane will demonstrate how to provide enhanced patient care using electronic health record software and how practices can leverage healthy informational technology.
The webinar series will consist of hour-long sessions that begin on Aug. 17 and run through Sept. 7. Each weekly session, held on Wednesday, will begin at 12 p.m. CST. Below is a case-by-case break down of what Dr. Lane will be demonstrating throughout the series:
- Case 1: Documenting a contact lens fitting and follow-up care, Aug. 17
- Case 2: Documenting a complete patient encounter from scheduling to optical, Aug. 24
- Case 3: Documenting pre- and post-op cataract care, Aug. 31
- Case 4: Documenting diagnosis and treatment initiation of open angle glaucoma, Sept. 7
Instructions for joining the event series can be found here.
Dr. Lane is an experienced HIT executive and a lecturer and writer with almost 30 years of ophthalmic and global experience. He owned and operated private practice in Anaheim, CA before choosing to devote his efforts to bringing practice management and electronic health record products to the optical industry. Currently, he serves as VisionWeb’s VP of professional relations.
“EHR software can have a big impact on the level of patient care provided to a patient, but many eyecare professionals are unsure of the benefits and simplicity of documenting specific patient cases which can result in a frustration with technology,” says Lane. “A comprehensive EHR system has the potential to streamline your workflow, automate routine tasks and ultimately drive out any inefficiencies while providing the best and highest level of care to every patient.”
The webinar series will conclude with a final presentation, "Documenting and Managing Age Related Macular Degeneration in the EHR Era," at Vision Expo West in the Medical and Scientific Pavilion on Sept. 16 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided at the Medical and Scientific Pavilion for presentation attendees.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling