To help eye care professionals educate patients about the causes and effects of UV exposure and steps they can take to help protect their eyes from harmful UV rays, Vision Care Institute, part of Johnson & Johnson, has launched a new UV Protection App.
Practitioners and office staff can use this helpful resource during patient evaluations and follow-up communications to demonstrate:
- Who needs protection
- The cumulative effects of UV rays on the eyes
- The impact of environmental exposure to the eyes throughout the day
- Steps to take to help protect eyes from harmful UV radiation
“It is important we educate patients about the simple methods they should use to help protect their eyes and the eyes of their families all year-round,” says Sheila Hickson-Curran, BSc(Hons), MCOptom, FAAO, DipCCLR, Director, Global Strategic Medical Affairs, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
“This new app can be a valuable teaching tool for practitioners to help patients understand why protecting their eyes is as important as protecting their skin.”
The Appis free and was designed specifically for use with the iPad. It can be downloaded via the Apple App Store.
It is not intended as, and does not constitute medical or optometric advice.
For more information, see www.thevisioncareinstitute.com.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says