It’s a seven-member board.
(Press Release) Transitions Optical has announced the renewal of its Diversity Advisory Board members for 2017. This seven-member board consists of eye health, cultural and style experts for each of the largest and fastest-growing ethnic groups in the U.S. and will help guide the Transitions Cultural Connections initiative.
“We are fortunate to have strong partners in our Diversity Advisory Board members, who share our commitment to helping eyecare professionals better understand and meet the vision care needs of an increasingly diverse population,” said Patience Cook, director, North America marketing, Transitions Optical. “Throughout the year, we will rely on these seven experts to ensure any resources or special events we plan are culturally appropriate and relevant.”
Returning Diversity Advisory Board members in 2017 include:
- Allert Brown-Gort – Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Work and the Economy.
- Brian Chou, O.D., F.A.A.O. – EyeLux Optometry, San Diego.
- Diana Canto-Sims, O.D. and Optician – Buena Vista Optical, Chicago.
- Mila Ferrer – Co-founder of Familias con Diabetes and blogger for Jaime, mi dulce guerrero.
- Edwin Marshall, O.D. M.S., M.P.H. – Professor Emeritus of Optometry and Former Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs, Indiana University.
- Kirk Smick, O.D., F.A.A.O. – Chief of Optometry Services, Clayton Eye Center, Atlanta Vincent K. Young, M.D. – Chairman, Division of Ophthalmology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia.
Transitions Optical provides its industry partners with the tools and education they need to better serve and improve communication with their culturally diverse patients. Resources are available free of charge to eyecare professionals at MyMulticulturalToolkit.com.
Transitions Optical is a provider of plastic photochromic (adaptive) lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide.